K&L Gates Blockchain Energizer – Volume 37
By Buck B. Endemann, Benjamin L. Tejblum, and Daniel S. Cohen
There is a lot of buzz around blockchain technology and its potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries from finance and health care to real estate and supply chain management. Many institutions and companies are forming partnerships to explore how blockchain ledgers and smart contracts can be deployed to manage and share data, create transactional efficiencies, and reduce costs.
While virtual currencies and blockchain technology in the financial services industry have been the subject of significant debate and discussion, blockchain applications that could transform the energy industry have received comparatively less attention. Every other week, the K&L Gates’ Blockchain Energizer will highlight emerging issues or stories relating to the use of blockchain technology in the energy space. To subscribe to the Blockchain Energizer newsletter, please click here.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Energy Web Foundation, PJM-EIS Launch Pilot Program to Use EW Origin to Facilitate REC Trading.
- Nevada Public Utilities Commission is Exploring Blockchain for Portfolio Energy Credit Tracking.
- Electron Signs Cooperation Agreement with eEnergy Center to Develop Electron’s Flexibility Trading Platform.
- JAMS Establishes a Blockchain, Smart Contracts, and Cryptocurrency Practice.
- Power Ledger Wins the 2018 Extreme Tech Challenge.
To view more information on theses topics in Volume 37 of the Blockchain Energizer, click here.