On this episode of Sustainable Outlook, host Elizabeth Crouse speaks with Holly Christie, the General Counsel of Hecate Energy. Hecate Energy is a leading renewable energy power plant developer, and Holly oversees the legal aspects of all projects. She speaks on creative partnerships in developing communities, emerging trends in solar technology, and human rights and environmental justice issues within the renewable energy industry.
In this part two of this series with Acorn International, host Elizabeth Crouse continues her discussion with Grace Russell, a biologist and environmental consultant with a focus on marine policy for Acorn International. They discuss why environmental justice is a concern for the energy industry on the U.S.’s Gulf Coast, and the role that Acorn International plays in managing social and environmental impact for their clients.
By: Ankur K. Tohan, Elizabeth C. Crouse, Eric E. Freedman, Tad J. Macfarlan, Alyssa A. Moir, Laurie B. Purpuro, Cliff L. Rothenstein, Molly K. Barker, Matthew P. Clark, Brigid Landy Khuri, Natalie J. Reid, Dean Brower
No matter your views on climate change policy, there is no avoiding an increasing focus on carbon regulation, resiliency planning, and energy efficiency at nearly every level of government and business. Changes in carbon—and more broadly greenhouse gas—policies have the potential to broadly impact our lives and livelihoods. Carbon Quarterly offers a rundown of the latest developments.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Carbon Policy
- U.S. House Democrats Propose Comprehensive Legislation to Address Climate Change
- Social Cost of Carbon Returns to US$51 Per Ton (For Now)
- Scale Act Overview
- Aligning Carbon Capture and Environmental Justice
- Carbon Litigation and Regulation
- Climate Change Litigation Reaches the Supreme Court
- The Past—and Future—for Federal Regulation of Power Plant Carbon Emissions
- Carbon Business
- Utilities are Looking to Green Hydrogen to Provide Energy Storage
- Compulsory Corporate Disclosures on Climate Commitments and Risk: Leveling the Playing Field or Mandating a New Field
- Microsoft Carbon Removal Project
- Carbon Spotlight
- NextDecade–Taking Energy to the Next Level