A biweekly update on blockchain technology applications, distributed energy resources, and other innovative technologies in the energy sector.
There is a lot of buzz around blockchain technology, distributed energy resources (“DERs”), microgrids, and other technological innovations in the energy industry. As these innovations develop, energy markets will undergo substantial changes to which consumer and industry participants alike will need to adapt and leverage. Every other week, K&L Gates’ The Energizer will highlight emerging issues or stories relating to the use of blockchain technology, DERs, and other innovations driving the energy industry forward.
To subscribe to The Energizer, please click here.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Florida’s Biggest Utility Promises the World’s Largest Solar-Battery System by 2021.
- China Considers Ban on Cryptocurrency Mining.
- Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory Initiates Phase II of Electric Grid Security Project.
- More Automobile Manufacturers Announce Plans to Develop Electric Vehicles Domestically.
To view more information on these topics in Volume 43 of The Energizer, click here.
Energy Storage Handbook (4.0)
- In connection with the 19th Annual Energy Storage Association Annual Conference, K&L Gates published the revised 4th edition of its popular Energy Storage Handbook.
- Among other topics, Version 4 of the Energy Storage Handbook covers the latest in the financing and solar + storage agreements; new developments in California and New York; new insurance products to mitigate performance risk; the RTO/ISO’s FERC Order 841 compliance filings; and FERC Order 845-A, clarifying and revising Order 845.