Building Bridges IV Bridging the Public-Private Divide: Financing Infrastructure Through Pooled Investment Platforms
K&L Gates, SovereigNET, The Fletcher School’s Network for Sovereign Wealth and Global Capital, and the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds are pleased to announce our fourth symposium on global infrastructure.
The central theme of the symposium will be Bridging the Public-Private Divide through Pooled Investment Platforms. The discussion will focus on the design of innovative financing platforms to narrow the global infrastructure investment gap.
Gathering representatives from the World Bank and the institutional investor community together with policy makers, development banks, service providers, academics, and public sector partners, the symposium will explore the role of investment fund structures – sovereign, multilateral and private – in mobilizing capital in scale to finance critical infrastructure needs in both developed and emerging economies.
The symposium will be organized into four discussion panels and several interactive lunch breakouts. All sessions will feature speakers who are actively involved in sponsoring, funding, managing, and governing global infrastructure and strategic investment funds.
Keynote Speaker: Adrian Orr, Chief Executive Officer, New Zealand Superannuation Fund; Chair of International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds
To RSVP for this program, please click here.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Joseph Aiello, CEO, Meridium Infrastructure
- David Altshuler, Partner, StepStone Infrastructure and Real Assets Group
- Neil Brown, Partner and Head, Investor Development Group, Actis
- Max Castelli, Managing Director – Head of Strategy, Global Sovereign Markets, UBS Global Asset Management
- Leo de Bever, Chairman, Oak Point Energy
- Trevor d’Olier-Lees, Senior Director, Infrastructure Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
- Gloria Grandolini, Senior Director, Finance & Markets Global Practice, World Bank Group
- Witold Henisz, Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management, The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania
- Amadou Hott, CEO at Fonds Souverain d’Investissements Stratégiques “FONSIS”, Government of Senegal
- Michel Noël, Head of Investment Funds, World Bank Group
- Uche Orji, Managing Director/CEO Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority
- Adrian Orr, Chief Executive Officer, New Zealand Superannuation Fund; Chair of International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Russell Read, Chief Investment Officer, Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
- Kyle Roblee, Director of Investments & Acquisitions, Hancock Renewable Energy Group
- Tsutomu Sasahara, Senior Deputy Manager, #2 Business Development Sales Department, General Marketing Division, JGC Corporation
- Glenn Smith, President, Hancock Renewable Energy Group
- Mark Srulowitz, Managing Partner, Brookfield Asset Management, Inc.
- Douglas Walker, Senior Environmental Advisor, US Department of Treasury
- Jolanta Wysocka, CEO, Mountain Pacific Group
The symposium is co-chaired by:
Eric Freedman, Partner, K&L Gates
Thomas F. Holt Jr., Partner, K&L Gates and Co-Head SovereigNET and the Council on Emerging Market Enterprises (CEME), Senior Fellow at The Fletcher School
Eliot Kalter, President, E M Strategies, Inc. and Co-Head SovereigNET and the Council on Emerging Market Enterprises (CEME), Senior Fellow at The Fletcher School
Peter Mixon, Partner, K&L Gates, former General Counsel, CalPERS
Margaret Niles, Partner, K&L Gates
Charles Purcell, Partner, K&L Gates
Patrick Schena, Adjunct Professor of International Business Relations and Co-Head SovereigNET and the Council on Emerging Market Enterprises (CEME), Senior Fellow at The Fletcher School