The Washington State Department of Commerce is holding its Virtual Bidder’s Conference on January 12, 2016 at the Seattle office of K&L Gates to provide information to applicants about applying for Clean Energy Fund 2 grants. As mentioned in an earlier blog post, the Clean Energy Fund provides grants to projects that support the development, demonstration and deployment of clean energy technologies. The CleanTech Alliance has been hosting a series of public meetings across Washington State to provide a platform for the Washington Department of Commerce to provide information to and answer questions from applicants.
In furtherance of this public outreach, the Virtual Bidder’s Conference will feature Patti Miller-Crowley and Peter Tassoni from the Department of Commerce; who, participating in the conference virtually from Olympia, will present on two types of grants and answer questions from attendees. The two types of grants that the conference will cover are:
- Grants for Research, Development and Demonstration Matching Funds
- The purpose of this program is researching, developing and demonstrating new clean energy technologies.
- Grant applications are due February 29, 2016.
- Grants to Electric Utilities for Grid Modernization
- These are matching grants available only to electric utilities in Washington State.
- The purpose of this program is advancing clean and renewable energy technologies and transmission and distribution control system improvements to increase reliability and resiliency and enable integration of distributed and renewable energy resources and technology.
- Grant applications are due February 12, 2016.
In addition to providing an opportunity to learn more about the Clean Energy Fund 2 grant application process, the conference will also provide an opportunity for attendees to network with fellow attendees after the conference. Brian Young, the Department of Commerce’s Clean Technology Sector Lead, will be among those in attendance.
You may attend this conference in person or via webinar. If you plan to attend the conference in person, please register here by Monday, January 11.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
12:30 – 3:30 PST (Conference begins at 1:00 PST)
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2900
Seattle, Washington 98104
If you plan on attending via webinar, no registration is required.
Access Code: 915-142-525
In addition, if you would like to submit questions directly to the Department of Commerce about grant solicitations, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com. The Department of Commerce will respond to written questions through its CEF 2 webpage.
For more information on the Clean Energy Fund 2, please visit the Department of Commerce’s website , a link to which appears here.