OPUC reschedules Community Solar Workshop 2 for September 22, 2015
The second workshop in the Oregon Public Utility Commission (the “Commission”) Docket No. UM 1746 (HB 2941 Community Solar Program Design) has been rescheduled from Wednesday, September 23rd to Tuesday, September 22. The workshop was rescheduled in order to accommodate stakeholders who observe Yom Kippur and to encourage stakeholder participation.
The revised schedule is:
- Friday, September 18, COB: Staff email to provide materials for Workshop 2, including Staff draft recommendation for program design.
- Tuesday, September 22, 1:00-5:00PM: Workshop 2 – discuss Staff draft recommendation for community solar program design.
- Friday, September 25, COB: Written Public Comment due on Staff draft recommendation for community solar program design.
- Friday, October 16, 9:30-11:00AM: Regular Special Public Meeting with Commissioners – staff public meeting memo will provide Staff’s recommendation for Commission approval. Stakeholders will have the opportunity to provide public comment at the meeting.
- Friday, October 30: Submit Community Solar program design recommendation to the Legislature. Statutory deadline is Sunday, Nov 1, 2015.
As we reported in our August 26, 2015 blog post, public comments on community solar designs were due on September 1, 2015. Staff is reviewing the comments that were submitted and is currently working on its draft recommendation that it will provide to interested stakeholders on September 18 in advance of the second workshop.
We will continue to monitor the UM 1746 docket and other developments under HB 2941. Stay tuned for further updates.